Monday, October 29, 2007

Hiking Vitosha and Monster Minithon

On Saturday, October 20th, 2007 Gordon and I, along with our wonderful housemate Jessica went for a hike up on Vitosha Mountain, elevation 7,513 feet.



It was crispy on top and began to snow in the latter part of the day. The weather then followed us home to the ACS campus at the base of the mountain and it continued to snow for the rest of the evening, until the next morning. The ground was white in most places in the morning but by noon it had all melted.

On Saturday, October 27th, 2007 I ran in a 10K race. I have been running the past seven weeks, three times per week a minimum of 20 minutes- usually between 30 to 45 minutes. My goal was to finish the 10Km (6.2 miles) in less than 60 minutes, and I achieved my goal; I finished in 58 minutes and 5 seconds.


The race was a fundraiser for a local orphanage where some of our students volunteer. It was called the monster minithon and there was a 1/2Km kids race, a 3Km walk, a 5Km run and a 10Km run. In total there were about 100 participants, a real success! I was dressed as the road runner from looney tunes cartoons! However, I did not wear my real feathers as it was raining. I will save them for the real halloween party that we will host for the ACS Faculty on the 31st.

1 comment: