Monday, October 15, 2007

an early winter

I went running this morning and thought my hands, nose, and ears were going to freeze! By the time I made it to my classroom at 8am I checked the temperature online and it said it was -2 degrees Celsius, about 28 degrees Fahrenheit! I have been waking up at 6am to run somewhere between 20 to 50 minutes. Gordon groans and rolls back over but is always supportive and encouraging once he is awake. I will run a 10 km race for an orphanage fund raiser on October 27th and I hope to finish in less than 60 minutes.
The other night i was going through some older pictures that I found on my cameras internal memory and they made me excited to experience winter again.
The school turned on our heat today in our houses and classrooms, which is celebratory in itself, considering we had a wood fire going all weekend to try to take the chill off of the house.Above, some old pictures- no it hasn't snowed yet! But isn't it beautiful? This is a view of our house from the end of our driveway, about 1/3 of the way between our house and the school.

No comments:

Post a Comment