Sunday, October 7, 2007

Back to School 2007

After visiting 15 countries in 60 days we are back at school. We just finished our 3rd week of classes and had a great time this last Friday, with "Sports Day". I am a section advisor for a group of eleven 11th grade students. I teach all them in Economics SL and seven of them in Mathematical Studies SL. Because most sections at ACS are at least 18 students, we joined forces with the 12th grade international students also, so there were 14 of us in total- 3 students were absent. We participated in basketball, soccer, hacky sack, basketball foul shots, dodgeball, ultimate frisbee and ping pong. Gordon is not a section advisor so he was an ultimate frisbee referee. I feel that we all had a great time- it was a team building and bonding experience.
A group shot of the 11th and 12th grade international students (minus 3 students).
A group 'jig-saw puzzle' activity- correcting a quiz.
Nick playing goalie and returning the ball to his team mates while playing soccer.
Hacky Sack!
Taking a break to drink juice and eat chocolates in my classroom.
Basketball Foul Shots!
Dodge Ball!
Half time during Ultimate Frisbee.
Ultimate Fresbee

Me watching the Ultimate Frisbee game

A group shot after the Ultimate Frisbee game

Watching some Ping Pong (a.k.a. Table Tennis)

Playing Ping Pong

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gordon and Dusty!

    I'm a grad student from the U.S. passing through Sofia on holiday, and am trying to see if there is any New Year's ultimate frisbee tournaments/ games going on in the city! Your blog came up when I searched "Ultimate Frisbee" and "Sofia," so I thought I would write and see if you know of anything.

    I'm here until January 2nd, and would love to take a break from sightseeing to play some disc! If you know of anything, or just want to meet up and throw, please let me know! You can contact me at 359889490641, or at cjones404@yahoo.com.

    C'novom godom!

    -Chris Jones

    ReplyDelete